- Applicant must be a high school graduate.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a College, University, Vocational School, Trade School, or Apprenticeship/Journeyman Training Program.
- Applicant must be a member of NAJRAE and must be participating in NAJRAE events and activities at the time of application.
- Applicant has not previously been awarded a Legacy Scholarship (this does not include the Legacy heifer project).
Required Forms for Application:
- Applicant must complete a submittable application online
- Applicant must complete the Scholarship Certification form below
- Applicant must include two (2) letters of recommendation. Each letter of recommendation must come from a different category. Recommendations may not be from a family member or relative of the applicant.
1) 4-H, FFA, or Breed Volunteer
- 4-H County Agent or County Youth Coordinator
- 4-H Club Leader or Authorized Volunteer
- FFA Instructor
- Beef Livestock Association Advisor
2) School Officials
3) Religious Affiliations
- Youth Advisor or Instructor
5) Red Angus Breeder
If the application is not complete and does not include the required attachments, the applicant will be immediately disqualified.
- Scholarship winner will receive a certificate and letter at the banquet
- Scholarship winner must use the scholarship within two and one half (2 ½) years from the time it was awarded. If the scholarship has not been used within that time, it will be forfeited.
- Scholarship winner must provide proof of enrollment in the form of a Student ID#, acceptance letter to a training program, receipt of enrollment, or copy of the education bill to the NAJRAE Treasurer
- Scholarship winner must provide the address to send payment on their behalf. Scholarship will be paid directly to the University, College, Trade School, Training Program, or Apprentice Ship/Journeyman program.
- It is the responsibility of the Scholarship winner to track their award and assure it has been redeemed.
Deadline: June 25, 2020
For more information or questions contact:
Garrett Knebel, 219-508-2657