The NAJRAE Junior Board of Directors shall develop and carry out all programs of the NAJRAE. In addition, the Board of Directors shall serve as a communication link between the membership, senior board and the junior advisors.
The directors of the Association shall be eight (8) in number. Directors shall serve for one two-year term. To be eligible for election, board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year. All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at least one year.
To be eligible for election the following criteria must be met:
- Board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year.
- All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at the NAJRAE for least one year, participated in at least two satellite events and any of the steer, bull or female shows held during the NAJRAE.
- Election Process:
- Interview - 35%: The interviewers are to consist of one senior board member (chosen by the senior board), the current junior board president, a junior board advisor, and a breeder/industry leader.
- Applicants will be interviewed on Monday, at the show office in the beef barn on the fairgrounds. The applicants will work with the current NAJRAE board throughout the week. The announcement of the new board members will be at the banquet Friday night.
- Popular Vote -25%: All paid junior members 9 years of age as of January 1st will be allowed to vote by paper ballot. Applicants will be given 2-3 minutes at an event and time to be determined to state who they are, their background, and why they ran for the board.
- Interaction - 20%: Participation throughout the barn measured by the junior board. While in executive session the board will nominate applicants and then proceed to a vote.
- Work Ethic
- Herdsmanship Quiz -10 %: Points will be awarded based on the scores among jr. board applicants.
- Application -10%: completed submittable application, a recent photo, essay, code of conduct and reference letters. All photos, code of conduct and reference letters will need to be uploaded through the online application system.
**No Handouts/Promotional items may be used**
Deadline: May 15, 2019
Download Code of Conduct
For more information or questions contact one of the NAJRAE advisors.
Darla Rogers, 580-799-1775
Mia Bayer, 715-573-0139
Anne Kimmey, 817-793-7704