Contest Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Any subject pertaining to Red Angus cattle or the beef industry in any phase of the business.
- You can start at your own operation all the way to a national level.
- The contestant will be scored on the basis of 50 points with 20% in organization and content, 20% in language and delivery, 20% in presentation, 20% in total effectiveness, and 20% in response to questions.
- Visual aids are limited to physical charts etc.
- No slides, overheads or any other electrical aids will be allowed.
- The intermediate and senior speech division will have a specified topic which will be industry related. The 2019 topic is: Discuss an issue facing the beef industry.
- Contest participation counts towards the sweepstakes contest.
- Junior speeches are not to exceed 3 minutes;
- Intermediate 5-7 minutes;
- Senior 5-7 minutes.
- Deductions of half a point per ten seconds will be made from the score by each judge for speeches under or over the specified length.